The All New Palo Alto Networks® GlobalProtect™ VPN
ITS is happy to announce an upgrade to the UWG General Use VPN service, the GlobalProtect VPN (Virtual Private Network) provided by Palo Alto Networks. The GlobalProtect VPN allows anyone with a valid UWG email address and a desktop or laptop that meets basic requirements to connect remotely to your campus computer, providing access to all of the files and applications on your machine here on campus. The GlobalProtect VPN consists of two types of VPN access, the General Use VPN Access and the Wired Equivalency VPN Access, see below for more details.
Instructions for the General Use VPN Access
The General Use VPN software and applications on campus can be obtained by following the appropriate VPN instructions and then downloading the appropriate VPN software from the sidebar to the right. The General Use VPN is available to anyone with a valid University of West Georgia email address, no forms or special requests needed.
Instructions for getting Wired Equivalency VPN Access for Employees:
- Utilization of this VPN is for those employees that need access to files shares and to access other USG agencies utilizing a UWG IP address. Must be run on a University of West Georgia device. Cannot be utilized on personally owned computers and devices.
- Download the Wired Equivalency VPN Access for Employees form from this website (Link to Form [PDF]).
- Fill out the form with all employee appropriate information. This includes Part A: Employee's Information and Part B: Describe the purpose for which you intend to use the Wired Equivalency VPN.
- Have person authorized to approve this form fill out the Department Authorization portion of the form.
- Create a ServiceDesk ticket by emailing email@example.com with the filled out Wired Equivalency VPN Access for Employees form attached.
- When the permission is set up and active you will be emailed.
Employee Wired Equivalency VPN Access Request Form [PDF]
System requirements include:
- Administrative access to a Windows-Based PC (must be running Windows 10) or
- an Apple Mac OS 10.10 or later and
- a high-speed connection to the internet.
Please contact the ITS Service Desk at (678) 839-6587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.