If you are not affiliated with the University of West Georgia (UWG), and you would like to conduct research with UWG faculty, staff, or students, you will need to follow the External Researcher Guidelines.  Minimally, you will need to do the following:

  • Submit all IRB materials, including your letter of approval from your home institution.
  • Affiliate with UWG and complete the required CITI training for Human Subject and Responsible Conduct of Research.
  • Secure a full time UWG employee to serve as your "local contact" for the purposes of your research.
  • Obtain approval from the correct UWG department, college, or administrator for permission to recruit their faculty, staff, or students.