The College of Education Ambassadors are a select group of students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in academics and student leadership. They help with a variety of on and off campus recruitment opportunities, special events hosted by the College of Education, and promotional media projects.
Serving as an Ambassador is an honor and a distinction. In order to be considered, applicants must:
- Be a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student enrolled in a program in the College of Education
- Have completed at least one semester at the University of West Georgia (unless you are a graduate student)
- Be in and maintain good academic and disciplinary standing with a current GPA of at least 3.0 on cumulative coursework
- Be able to commit to at least one year of service
- Be highly motivated, energetic, dependable, and knowledgeable
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Provide a completed recommendation form from a UWG staff member or faculty member
Benefits of Being an Ambassador:
- Have an opportunity to “leave your mark” and improve the college experience
- Develop valuable leadership skills
- Enhance public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
- Network with UWG staff, faculty, and administration
- Network with COE Alumni and other partners
- Become more familiar with COE and UWG history and purpose
All application materials, including the recommendation form, are due online by Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11:59pm.
You can supply the following link to your recommender for an online submission: Faculty Recommendation Link
Please contact Angie Brooks, email@example.com, if you have any questions or concerns.