Confidential Victim Services
24/7 Victim Services Crisis Hotline: (470) 215-9946
An Advocate from Health Services is on call 24/7 at this number to provide confidential guidance and medical services to victims of sexual assault, intimate partner or domestic violence, stalking, and other violent crimes.
It is important to seek medical care following an assault. Health Services medical staff trained as Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANEs) can provide treatment and collect forensic evidence in a state-of-the-art exam room. Through a forensic exam, DNA evidence can be collected and then stored securely for those undecided about whether to pursue criminal charges.
Your health, safety, and confidentiality are our top priorities. Please do not allow underage alcohol consumption or other fears to prevent you from seeking medical services. We provide non-judgmental treatment, and you have a right to patient privacy. To learn more about your confidentiality rights, you may reach an Advocate at (470) 215-9946.
- Medical Examination
- Wound Care
- Testing & Antibiotics for Possible Exposure to Sexually
- Transmitted Infections
- Screening for Date-Rape Drugs
- Emergency Contraception
- Forensic Evidence Collection
- Follow up care for medical and psychological concerns
Forensic Exam Preparation
If you have changed clothes, if possible, place the clothing you had on during the assault in a paper bag, and bring them with you. The body and clothing can hold clues called transfer evidence left by the assailant. Dirt, hair, body fluids, and traces of skin under fingernails can be collected.
If possible, please wait until the exam to:
- Bathe or Douche
- Brush your Hair
- Smoke, Eat, Drink, or Brush your Teeth
Free Advocacy Services
- Explanation of Your Rights, Options, & Resources
- Personal Safety Planning & Safe Housing
- Counseling Referrals
- Accompaniment during Interviews or Exams as requested
- Advocacy with Law Enforcement Agencies or Title IX as requested
- Guidance with Victim Compensation Services
- Advocacy with Housing & Residence Life as requested
- Service as a Liaison with Faculty & Other Campus Offices as requested
- Assistance with Class Changes or Temporary Withdrawal from UWG
- Referrals to Other Service Agencies