The Office of Career and Graduate School Connections team members present on a wide range of topics designed to help students enhance their career development.
Requests are granted based on availability and are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis so we ask that you make your request at least 10 business days prior to your desired date. Presentations can be requested between 8:00 am – 7:00 pm, Monday – Thursday and 8:00 am – 5:00 pm on Fridays. For after hours or weekend presentations, please contact the Office of Career and Graduate School Connections directly at 678-839-6431 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request a presentation, please use our online form.
The following presentations require approximately one hour of class time. We recommend
you select no more than one of these topics per class period.
• Career Readiness Using FOCUS2 : Combines self-assessment, career and major exploration, decision making and action planning in one comprehensive product.
• Introduction to/Gaining Self Knowledge Using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®: Allows students to learn about the MBTI® assessment and provides practical application of the MBTI®.
• StrengthsQuest: We can provide an introduction to StrengthsQuest and/or activities to suit your particular needs.
• Special Topics: If you have other presentation interests, we are happy to work with you!
The following presentations can be presented either individually or together. You may choose up to two topics for each hour of class time.
• 15 Minute Introduction to the Office of Career and Graduate School Connections
• Resume and Cover Letter Development
• Job and Internship Search Strategies
• Student Employment
• Preparing for Graduate or Professional School
• Utilizing Handshake
• Using Social Media in Your Job Search
• Interviewing Skills
• Dress for Success
• How to Work a Career Fair
• The Art of Networking
• Social Media and Digital Portfolios
• Transferable Skills
• Careers In...
Don't Cancel That Class!
Presenting at a conference? If you are unable to teach a class, don’t cancel that class! The Office of Career and Graduate School Connections might be able to fill in. We can present to your students on our services, major-specific topics, resume-building and more! Schedule a presentation now!
Students want to hear from real employers. To invite an employer into your classroom to speak about their industry, contact the Employer Relations team by emailing email@example.com or by phone at 678-839-6431.
Student Organization Presentations
Does your student organization need to know more about the Office of Career and Graduate School Connections, resume-building or conducting an effective job search? We’re happy to help. Schedule a presentation now!