Are you interested in taking a class at another institution while you are still seeking a degree at UWG? That is called transient permission.

Transient Permission Forms can take 5-10 business days to complete. You can get transient permission by completing the following steps:
  1. Complete a Transient Permission Form for each course you would like to take at the other school. Each course must be on a separate form.
  2. Contact your advisor to set up an appointment to have them review your form and sign it.
  3. Take the form signed by your advisor to the department of the course you want to take at the other school. For example, if you want to take ENGL 1102 at a school closer to home over the summer, you would take the form to the English Program at UWG. You will need to have the chair of the department sign the form. This may mean that you leave the form with the Departmental Assistant and come back and pick it up at a later time.
  4. Once you have signatures from your advisor and the department chair, you need one final signature. You must take the form to your major college or school and get the Dean's signature as well. For example, if you are a Biology major, you would need to get the Dean of the College of Science and Mathematics signature to complete your form.
  5. Make 3 copies of the completed form. Take a copy to each of the following places:
    1. Registrar's Office
    2. Financial Aid Office
    3. Keep a copy for yourself!

  6. Take the signed original form(s) to the school where you wish to take the class(es) along with any other paperwork they require to process your transient application."