Joe FernanderAssociate Director of Analytics & Research (USG eCampus)
Newnan Center Building 1000 - Room 115
Joe serves as the Associate Director of Analytics & Research, where he is responsible for data management, learning analytics, survey administration, and applied research projects. He also serves as the research analyst for the University System of Georgia Mindset Learning Project. He received a B.A. in Religious Studies from Georgia State University, an M.Ed. in Higher Education from Georgia Southern University, and is currently pursuing an M.S. in Educational Research, Measurement, and Statistics at Georgia State University. He is skilled in parametric and non-parametric statistics, R programming (Tidyverse ecosystem), and developing data applications in Tableau, Shiny, and R Markdown. Joe is certified as a Tableau Data Analyst, a Google Data Analyst, and a Qualtrics Core XM Expert Researcher. Outside the office, Joe can be found spending time with his wife and daughter gardening, hiking, kayaking, camping, and biking.
- B.A., Religious Studies, Georgia State University, 2012
- M.Ed., Higher Education, Georgia Southern University, 2017
- Graduate Certificate, Transfer Leadership & Practice, University of North Georgia, 2019
- M.S., Educational Research (Research, Measurement, & Statistics), Georgia State University, 2023
Fall 2020 Sections
- XIDS-2002 (College Ethics) Section: 28 external Syllabus via Concourse External Resource
Fall 2019 Sections
- XIDS-2002 (College Ethics) Section: 28
Qualtrics CoreXM Certified Professional
Qualtrics CoreXM Certified professionals can effectively design, execute, and analyze engaging survey experiences to collect the data they need to help identify and close experience gaps. Skilled in survey design, conditional logic, survey distribution, data analysis, and report creation.
Tableau Desktop Specialist Certification
Certified in the Tableau data analysis tool in calculating statistical data, visualizing data, and forecasting data.