Print Services uses high-speed Canon production printers with in-line booklet makers and other automated finishing capabilities. See Finishing and Binding.
Several finishing options are available including folding, stapling, hole-punching, cover-binding, coil binding, plastic spiral binding, and hard and softcover book binding.
Bindery options include:
- Saddle-stitch: Two staples in the folded spine; up to 1 1/4-inch thickness at the fold (approx 72 pages)
- Spiral-bind: Plastic comb inserted through hole-punched pages
- Coil-binding: PVC coils inserted through hole-punched pages
- Hard cover: For high-end projects
- Soft cover: Similar to paperback books, for small quantities
The Xerox C60 is available in the front office for small-quantity, while-you-wait jobs. Long-run jobs are assigned to one of the Canon digital color printers and can be picked up later.
Basic Facts and Features
The Department of Print Services offers both incoming and outgoing fax service to the university community. (standard 8.5" x 11")
Placing Fax Requests
The Fax Service is available for sending Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; for receiving, the equipment operates 24 hours a day. When faxes are received during off hours, offices and individuals are notified during the next regular business day. When sending a fax, an official "University of West Georgia" cover sheet can be provided at no cost.
Incoming faxes, 25 cents per page
Sending, 25 cents per page
- In-Person: Our office staff is ready to assist you in placing your print related request.
- By E-Mail: Documents and requests may be submitted as an e-mail to email@example.com. Your file should be created the size you want it to print and saved as a pdf. Your e-mail should include a detailed description of the job and how it is to be printed, along with your contact information and the campus account to be charged. Payment (cash, check, debit/credit) is requested for personal jobs when they are picked up.
Faculty are asked to sign in exams in with a staff member to be locked in the test cabinet. After duplicating, tests are again locked in the cabinet until requested. To ensure proper security, do not send exams through campus mail.
It is important that the request form is filled out completely, including:
- Total number of copies you will need.
- Date and time the copies are needed.
- Paper to be used.
- Account number to be charged.
- Name and extension number of contact person.
- Finishing/Binding requested
The form will guide you through the information needed.