LiveSafe Mobile App
LiveSafe is the free mobile safety app for students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni and visitors.
This app allows you to stay safe by providing a streamlined way to communicate directly with University Police and allows safety officials to better protect you.
Receive important safety alerts from UWG and your friends.
Communicate with University Police via chat or phone. In case of emergency you can choose to contact 911, or call/message University Police, location tracking will begin, allowing officers to respond to your exact location.
Protect the Pack. Anonymously submit information to University Police about suspicious activity, harassment, noise complaints, vandalism and any other safety issues you may experience. You have an option to add photos, audio, or video to your message to enable officers to better respond to the issue.
Invite friends to see you on a live map as you leave a location, stay in constant communication while you walk to your destination, and send a group chat when you reach your destination safely.
Install and Support
- Find "LiveSafe" application in the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store and download on your iPhone or Android. You can send a download link to your phone here.
- Select University of West Georgia as your school. You will see the UWG logo at the top of the home screen once you are connected.
- Sign in with your UWG ID.
- Complete your profile by tapping the left menu icon. Tap "Settings" then "Profile". Enter in your mobile phone number so that you can better connect with University Police in case of emergency.
- If prompted, enable push notifications and location services to receive all benefits of the LiveSafe app.
- Use the app to stay safe.
LiveSafe App Support:
If it is an emergency and you need immediate technical support, please contact:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST: (571) 312-4645
After hours: (510) 870-3337
UWG ID Login Support:
Contact ITS Service Desk by phone or email.
Do I have to pay to install the LiveSafe app?
No. The app is free for both iOS and Android.
If I download LiveSafe, can law enforcement see my location whenever they want?
No. When you submit a tip, your current location is only submitted once and is attached to that tip – tracking is not enabled. However, when you use the Emergency button, your location is tracked until you stop location tracking within the Emergency button screen.
Is the anonymous feature really anonymous?
Yes, it is. If you check the "Send Anonymously" box when submitting a tip, your user information will show up as "Anonymous" in all of the fields.