What Are Your Options If You Don't Live Near Carrollton?

You may not find it convenient to use the library on the Carrollton Campus all the time, or the UWG Library may not own what you want. Here are your options:

  • Use another library within the University System:

    Possession of a current UWG ID is preferred, but with another acceptable picture ID (such as your driver's license), you can check out books at any other University System Library, as long as you have current status in our library user database. This means that you must be registered currently or employed by UWG and not owe any fines or fees from a previous semester. You can verify your status by logging into Your Account in our library catalog (for step-by-step instructions on how to do that, click HERE).

    To view a map showing the names and locations of all the University System libraries from which you may borrow, click HERE.

  • Have books from other University System of Georgia libraries sent to a USG library near your home or workplace: 

    Check the Universal Catalog to see if another USG library owns the book you want and place a GIL Express Request.

  • Use an ARCHE CARD:

    The University of West Georgia is a member of the Atlanta Regional Commission on Higher Education, and you may be eligible to obtain an ARCHE card, which provides borrowing privileges at many private academic libraries in the Atlanta Metro Area. Learn more about ARCHE.  You may request a card by contacting our circulation desk or our resource sharing office.

  • Use Resource Sharing:

    As a West Georgia student, faculty member or staff, you can also borrow materials from other libraries through our Resource Sharing office. First, determine that the UWG Library does not own the book or journal that you need, and then use ILLiad to place a request.  Register here if you are a first time user.  Journal articles are usually delivered electronically to your ILLiad account, and (if you are a distance education student) books borrowed for you can be mailed to your home address by the Resource Sharing office.

  • Questions?

    Sarah Gourley
    (678) 839-6503
    Circulation Manager

    Margot Davis
    (678) 839-6321
    Resource Sharing Specialist