In preparation for our upcoming LDI on Friday, August 18, I wanted to provide some information on our focus for the day. Attached is the agenda and goals for the day. The theme is "Defining and Telling Our Story...The Legacy Year!"
As we continue our journey to be the best comprehensive university in America–sought after as the best place to work, learn, and succeed—we must continue to develop our leadership skills to impact the people we lead, develop and identify new leaders, and further align our organizational outcomes—from the individual to the unit to the division to the institution.
Now in the fourth year of Engage West! the Legacy Year, sustainability and continued progress toward our stated goals will be reflected in our behaviors and thus hardwired and fully adopted into our processes, expectations of excellence, and accountability. To achieve these goals we must define what our legacy will be, effectively communicate our story, and develop and live our individual legacy statement.
Goals of the LDI:
1. Define what individual and institutional legacy is and focus our efforts and actions of the Legacy Year.
2. To develop our ability and skills to effectively communicate our story – what we working to achieve, why we are trying to achieve it, and how we are going to achieve it.
3. To build and define your individual Legacy Statement guided by your principles and values.
Themes of the LDI:
· We are living in or entering a new normal and we must adapt!
· We will leave a legacy both individually and institutionally—who will author it?
· Organizational and individual growth takes discipline and intentionality!
· Leaders throughout the institution must be aligned with the values and objectives of the institution for the institution to sustain, improve, and grow!
Again, it is important that you attend the LDI. If you are not able to attend due to a conference or an emergency, please let your VP know and send a quick email to Danielle Tackett by close of business, Monday, August 14. This will help us manage table and food logistics.