University Recreation is one of the largest employers of students on campus. We continue to seek students who are enthusiastic and dedicated, and exemplify professionalism, responsibility and initiative. UREC student employees benefit from an engaging and supportive work environment, where students can gain professional experiences and vital career development skills regardless of their career path.
Current UREC Student Positions
- Intramural Sports: Officials, Program Assistants, IM Sports Manager
- Fitness and Wellness: Fitness Specialist, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, Program Assistant, Lead Supervisor
- Facility Operations: Facility Assistant, Facility Technician, Facility Supervisor, Building Manager
- Marketing: Marketing Assistant, Graphic Designer, Videographer, Photographer
- Events: Reservation Assistant, Event Assistant, Event Supervisor, Lead Supervisor
- West Georgia Outdoors: WGO Assistant (Climbing Wall and WGO Rental Center), WGO Supervisor and Trip Leader, WGO Manager and Trip Leader
Currently Hiring For:
- We currently are not hiring at this time. We will be hiring at the beginning of Fall semester.
Recruitment Information Sessions
University recreation is hiring for Competitive Sports and Event staff. Come learn everything you need to know to apply for these jobs at one of our two recruitment sessions. Please bring a cover letter and resume as first-round interviews will be conducted on-site. Dress accordingly.
- Stay tuned for beginning of fall semester dates for these information sessions.
For more information, contact 678-839-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Assistants 2018 - 2019
University Recreation at the University of West Georgia awards graduate assistantships in Competitive Sports, Event Operations, Facility Operations, Student Development, Fitness and Wellness and Outdoor Recreation designed to provide practical experience and develop exceptional leaders in their field.
Assistantships are 9.5 month appointments with a stipend of $7,600 in addition to full tuition provided with the option to continue work from May - July. Additional funds are allotted each year for professional development opportunities.
Offers are contingent upon acceptance into a graduate program at UWG. Application information and deadlines for the graduate programs may be found on the UWG Graduate School website.
Anticipated start date: July 30, 2019
Graduate Assistant positions for the 2019-2020 school year:
- We are currently not hiring for any graduate assistants
For more information, contact email@example.com or 678-839-5500.