Housing Lockout Policy
If you are locked out of your room or if your keys have been lost or stolen, you need to be aware of the following policies and procedures:
Whenever you are locked out, please go to your community's area service desk for assistance.
- Your room assignment will be verified before gaining access to your room. You can only be granted access to the room you are assigned to. Entry cannot be given to suitemates, apartment-mates, friends, or relatives.
- If you are locked out of your room and unable to go to the service desk, please call Housing at 678-839-4718 and inform the staff of your exact location, so they know where to meet you.
- You will be asked to display your permanent room key when you gain access to your room. If staff learn that your keys are lost, a lock change at your expense will be ordered within the next business day.
- You will be asked to produce your UWG ID or an alternate form of identification to verify your identity. If your UWG ID card is lost, we cannot provide you with a temporary key or swipe card to enable you to access your building. You will be required to replace your ID card. Replacement UWG ID cards can be obtained through the ID Card office located on the third floor of the UCC. Replacement cards carry a $20.00 fee that is posted to your student account.
- After the first day of classes each semester, you will incur a charge for lockout assistance; a schedule of fees is shown below.
- You will receive an email reminding you of the importance of safety when you are billed. If any student reaches the fifth lockout, he or she will receive a letter asking them to schedule a non-disciplinary meeting with a hall professional staff member to discuss their lockouts.
If your keys have been lost or stolen, please check with your hall staff and the University Police to see if your keys have been turned in to lost and found before requesting a lock change.
- The cost of a lock change is always the responsibility of the resident. Lock change charges are posted to the resident's student account and must be paid according to the Office of Student Accounts and Billing Services's fee payment schedule. Failing to pay any charges, including lock change charges, according to the Office of Student Accounts and Billing Services's fee payment schedule can result in a hold being placed on your account. Please note that if you have a hold placed on your account, it will prevent you from registering from classes and/or modifying your class schedule.
- Lockouts before the first day of classes: No Charge
- Every lock out there after: $10
Shown below are the charges for lock changes:
- Arbor View - 2 Bedroom: $90
- Arbor View - 4 Bedroom: $145
- Bowdon: $40
- Center Pointe: $90
- The Village: $40
- The Oaks: $90
- Strozier Hall Annex: $40
- University Suites: $90