Student Activity Fees
- Student Activity fees must be used in accordance with state, University System, and UWG policies.
- The function of the organization/department should be in accordance with the mission of the University.
- The organization/department must provide programs or services that benefit the student body.
- Applicants should demonstrate campus/community involvement.
- Student Activity Fees must be used by departments/organizations to provide recreational, entertaining and/or culturally enriching programs or services which do not solely support academic programs.
- Student Activity Fees may not fund scholarships.
- Student Activity Fees may not be used to support professional salaries.
- Organizations/Departments may request a one-time allocation to be used for the sole purpose of purchasing items that would not be a part of on-going operations money (ie. technology equipment, musical instruments, etc). These funds may not be used for anything other than what is approved. A budget request form must be submitted at the time your other budget request is submitted. Funding is dependent upon availability of funds. Not all requests for money may be approved.
- The SAFBA Committee recommendations will be based on the following criteria:
- Quality and completeness of the written proposal.
- How the fees will serve UWG students. In general, programs which serve larger numbers of students will receive stronger consideration than those which serve smaller numbers of students. Programs or activities which serve smaller numbers of students should provide exceptional advantages to the university; it is the responsibility of the proposer to make the case for why they should receive consideration.
- For organizations/departments who received student activity fees for the current year, how effectively they spent those fees to serve UWG students.
- How many students were served by programs and activities?
- What were the benefits of the programs and activities to students?
- How knowledgeable is the presenter about how funds were used?
- Were the funds used as they were approved by last year’s SAFBA Committee?