Modifying Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
*This information is applicable for all degree levels, stand-alone minors, and certificates
As part of the formal proposal for modification to a program’s student learning outcomes, it is required that all proposals include a plan for assessment.
All proposals must include the following information:
- The proposed NEW Student Learning Outcomes - for information on writing Student Learning Outcomes, click here.
- Institutional Strategic Plan connection to each new SLO
- A description of the intended measurements to be used in the assessment for each SLO providing specific information as to the who, what, when, and how each new SLO will be assessed.
When can I modify my program learning outcomes?
Changing program learning outcomes should not occur on a regular basis. Typically, learning outcomes should only be changed when a need arises for reasons such as:
- Change in industry standards
- Accreditation requirements
- Updating to become relevant to students and the current workforce needs
How do I modify program learning outcomes?
All modification requests must be entered into the UWG Curriculog system. System information and login access can be found here.