Bachelor of Business Administration with a Major in Data Intelligence and Business Analytics
This is a Bachelor of Business Administration with a Major in Data Intelligence and Business Analytics. The degree centers around learning different programming, visualization, statistical, and research techniques necessary to analyze many different types of data-driven business problems.
For more information, please see the Academic Catalog.
In this degree program, students will learn the basics of programming in a variety of languages, including SAS, R, SQL, and Python. They will learn how to use cross-sectional, panel, and time series data to make forecasts, conduct statistical inference, and present results associated with their work. Students will also learn the basics of data mining and data management within the context of SQL and will learn the basics of data visualization within the context of R and Tableau. Additionally, students will learn within the context of a Bachelor's of Business Administration, which allows them to contextualize specific techniques and skills within a broader set of business.
Method of Delivery
Face to Face
The University of West Georgia is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The Richards College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - International (AACSB-I).
Credit and transfer
Total semester hours required: 120
This program may be earned entirely face-to-face. However, depending on the courses chosen, a student may choose to take some partially or fully online courses.
UWG is often ranked as one of the most affordable accredited universities of its kind, regardless of the method of delivery chosen.
- Total tuition costs and fees may vary, depending on the instructional method of the courses in which the student chooses to enroll.
- The more courses a student takes in a single term, the more they will typically save in fees and total cost.
- Face-to-face or partially online courses are charged at the general tuition rate and all mandatory campus fees, based on the student's residency (non-residents are charged at a higher rate).
- Fully or entirely online course tuition rates and fees my vary depending on the program. Students enrolled in exclusively online courses do not pay non-Resident rates.
- Together this means that GA residents pay about the same if they take all face-to-face or partially online courses as they do if they take only fully online courses exclusively; while non-residents save money by taking fully online courses.
- One word of caution: If a student takes a combination of face-to-face and online courses in a single term, he/she will pay both all mandatory campus fees and the higher eTuition rate.
- For cost information, as well as payment deadlines, see the Student Accounts and Billing Services website
There are a variety of financial assistance options for students, including scholarships and work study programs. Visit the Office of Financial Aid's website for more information.
F. Major Specific Courses
- ACCT 2101
- ACCT 2101
- BUSA 2106
- CISM 2201
- ECON 2105
- ECON 2106
- ABED 3100
- CISM 3330
- ECON 3402
- ECON 3406
- FINC 3511
- MGNT 3600
- MGNT 3615
- MKTG 3803
- International Select (select one of the following: ECON 4450, FINC 4521, MKTG 4866 or MGNT 4625)
- ECON 3408
- CISM 3340
- ECON 3460
- ECON 4408
- CISM 4390
- ECON 4476
- Major elective* (Must pick for the list)
- MGNT 4660
- List of classes for Major elective
- ACCT 4233 Strategic Cost Management
- ACCT 4241 Accounting Information Systems
- ECON 4475 Intro to Econometrics
- MGNT 3627 Managing Cultural Differences
- MGNT 4621 Application in Human Resource Management
- MKTG 3808 Business Research
- MKTG 4808 Marketing Research
- MKTG 4864 Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 4868 Marketing Metrics
- RELE 4706 Residential Appraisal
- For description and information about these and other classes see the UWG Undergraduate online catalog website. Academic Catalogs: https://www.westga.edu/student-services/registrar/course-catalogs.php
- Electives (9)
- At least one of the electives must be taken in the RCOB
No Admissions Data Provided.
Specific dates for Admissions (Undergraduate only), Financial Aid, Fee Payments, Registration, Start/End of term, Final Exams, etc. are available in THE SCOOP.
Objectives not available