Honors College Standing
To graduate with Honors College Distinction, Students Should Remain In Good Standing
To remain in good standing with the Honors College, students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2 and complete Honors courses and/or Honors course conversions on a regular basis to show progress toward graduation with Honors College Distinction. To remain on track with meeting Honors Graduation Requirements, students are required to complete at least one Honors course or convert a regular course for Honors credit in an academic year.
Students who fall below the minimum GPA of 3.2 will be placed on probation in the Honors College and will have until the end of the academic year (includes summer) to increase the GPA to a 3.2. During this time, students will not have priority registration privileges. Any student on probation who is below a 3.0 may not enroll in an Honors course until their GPA has increased to a minimum 3.2.
Removal from the Honors College
A student whose cumulative GPA is below a 3.2 after the probationary period will be removed from the Honors College. These students may petition for readmission to the Honors College by completing a Request for Reinstatement Form when their cumulative GPA is at least a 3.2.
Students who do not complete an Honors course or convert a course for Honors credit for two consecutive semesters (not including summer semester) will be removed from the Honors College. These students may petition for readmission to the Honors College by completing a Request for Reinstatement Form that would be reviewed by the Dean of the Honors College.
Request for Reinstatement Procedures
- Students must submit a Request for Reinstatement Form that includes a plan detailing how you will complete the requirements toward graduating with Honors College Distinction. The petition will be reviewed by the dean of the Honors College.
- Students will receive an email within 10 business days indicating the decision. All decisions are final.
- Students are not permitted to reapply for reinstatement once the final decision has been made.
- Students are permitted to petition for reinstatement one time only.
- Students who have been removed from the Honors College, then reinstated, then removed again are not eligible for reinstatement into the Honors College.