Below you'll find the policies of the UWG Pre-K program, you will also find more information on our PupU program.
- We must have an up-to-date Immunization Form within 30 days of the first day of school. We must also have an Ear, Eye and Dental screening (EED), signed by a physician, on file within 90 days of the first day of school.
- We must have a copy of your child's Birth Certificate on file by the first day of school.
- Please provide a written schedule of transportation arrangements for your child (car pool, etc.). If transportation assignments change, please notify the center in writing as to who is authorized for pick-up. Verbal messages from the children cannot be accepted.
- If you arrive late in the morning, please come in with your child and sign them in so that we know he/she has arrived.
- We will announce field trips throughout the year, and we encourage you to join us.
- Parking is limited; however, you may park in one of the three spaces near the front entrance or in the Tyus Hall or Food Services parking lots. Please do not park in the front drive or in front of our building. We need to keep a flow of traffic moving through these areas. Also know that we do have an assistant at the front door at 7:40 a.m. to greet your children during drop-off time.
- In general, we request that children do not bring their toys from home. However, books and tapes are acceptable. If special items are brought, please mark your child's name clearly on them. Teachers may initiate a Show and Tell Day, at which time the children are encouraged to bring an item to share. You will notified in advance of these days.
- Please let your child wear clothing that he/she will not be concerned about soiling. We do many fun, "messy" activities. Also, please provide a change of clothing for your child in case of an accident. Label all clothes, sweaters, coats, etc., with your child's name so the clothes will not get lost.
- We provide a mid-morning snack. Lunch is to be provided by you. A brown bag or lunch box marked with your child's name will work. Please do not send food items that must be heated. A cold lunch can be balanced, include some vegetable sticks and fruit when possible. Please send sweets only occasionally.
- We offer an after school program called Pup U, for our currently enrolled Pre-K students. Read more about it here!
- Children in our program must be present 6 1/2 hours per day. This is a grant stipulation and there is no flexibility. Parents need to understand this commitment before they enroll their children. If children are excessively tardy or absent, they will be dismissed from the program. This is mandated by the Bright From the Start, Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning.
Children enroll in the UWG Pre-K program with different levels of experience in a classroom setting. For some, this is the first social encounter outside the home. For others, this is a step into another classroom setting. With the varied experiences come varied skill levels. For this reason, we would like for each parent to read the Pre-K Discipline Plan and ensure that you are aware of the expectations for each child.