• Policies and Procedures

    Policies and Procedures are located here.

  • Can I register and pay for a friend or family member?

    Yes. However, you will need to fill out a separate registration form for your friend or family member, which requires you to include all of their personal information (e.g. date of birth, address, phone number, etc.).

  • Do you offer gift cards?

    Yes. UWG Continuing Ed gift cards make great birthday or holiday gifts, and can be used in many locations on campus. They can be purchased from the Department of Continuing Education.

  • Is there Financial Aid for Continuing Education classes?

    No, Continuing Education does not offer Financial Aid for Continuing Education (non-credit) classes. However, you may qualify for WIA funding through the Department of Labor 770-836-6668 for select programs. Additionally, for some programs, we allow partial payments as long as the total amount is remitted prior to the first day of class.

  • Can I register for a class after it has started?

    In order to maintain instruction of the highest quality, and to be fair to all students who registered prior to the first class session, we are not able to allow registration into any class past the second class session. Also, for any late registration, we are not able to pro-rate the class cost and our regular refund policy will still be in effect.

  • Can I put my name on a waitlist for a class that is full?

    We maintain a waitlist for our most popular courses and your name can be added during the registration process.

  • Can I sit in on one class session to see if I like it and then register?

    No. You must register for any class you wish to attend.

  • What is your refund policy?

    Generally, you can drop a class and request a refund up to the day before the first class meets through phone or email to conted@westga.edu. We charge an administrative fee that varies among classes. Additionally some classes have a policy that requires earlier notice in order to receive a refund. No refunds are available after the first class meeting. We also allow transfers to another class but if this is done within the window of no allowable refund, the original policy applies.

  • Do I really need to take the prerequisite if I think my skills are sufficient? (non-Culinary)

    If a class lists a prerequisite, we strongly recommend that you take it. However, if you have taken similar classes at another location, or have previous experience that covers the content of the prerequisite, you may choose not to take the prerequisite. Overall, we just ask that you assess your skill level and select a class that you feel will be most appropriate for you. If you would like an instructor to help you determine your skill level, please call 678-839-6615 or email conted@westga.edu.

  • What is the age requirement for Continuing Education classes?

    Our classes are intended for students 18 years of age and older, unless stated otherwise in the class title or class description. It would be at the instructor’s discretion to allow a student who is younger than 18 to enroll in their class. To inquire about approval, call 678-839-6615 or email conted@westga.edu.

  • Can I register my child for a class that is listed above/below their age/grade level?

    Register your child according to the age and/or grade level outlined for the class. If your child is not enrolled in the appropriate age and/or grade level, we reserve the right to reassign your child to a more suitable class (if space is available) or deregister your child.

  • Can I transfer from one section of a class to another once either section has started?

    Transfers are subject to approval from the Program Coordinator. Please contact the CE Department at 678-839-6615 or conted@westga.edu, if you would like to request a transfer. You will be notified once a decision has been made. There is no guarantee that your transfer will be approved.

  • Do I need to purchase a book for my class?

    If you see the textbook symbol at the end of the class description, you will need a textbook. If a class has an optional textbook, it will be stated within the class description. If a class fee includes the cost of the textbook, it will also be stated within the class description and are typically handed out on the first day of class.

  • What happens when a class is cancelled or changed?

    The College reserves the right to cancel any class if the enrollment is low or for other valid reasons. The College may change the day, time of day or location of a class. In the event of a class cancellation or change prior to the start of the semester, students will be contacted and may select another class or request a full refund. Refunds will be returned in the method of which they were originally made. Cash payments will be returned by check.

  • How do I know if the University is closed due to inclement weather?

    A notice will be placed on the University website and social media sites. Closings will also be sent to the local news media. It will be broadcast in the same manner as K-12 school closings.

  • Do you schedule a make-up if/when a class is cancelled due to weather, college closing, etc.?

    Yes. Every effort will be made to schedule a make-up when a class has been cancelled due to inclement weather, instructor illness or any other university emergency. Your instructor will be notified if/when a make-up class is scheduled, and he/she will then notify the students at their next class. If the make-up class is imminent, the CE Office staff will notify the students by phone and/or email.

  • Can I attend another class as a make-up if I miss my regular class?

    You may only attend a class for which you are registered unless approved by the Program Coordinator.

  • What are CEUs?

    CEUs are Continuing Education Units. They are different from traditional college credits in that they do not count toward a degree or certificate. Some organizations require that their professionals obtain a certain number of CEUs within a specific timeframe.

  • How are CE classes graded and/or CEUs awarded?

    CEUs are awarded based upon the requirements of the class. Please see you course description and Syllabus to determine the evaluation process

  • Will I receive a certificate and/or transcript at the end of my class?

    Yes, you will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.

  • Can I get in touch with one of the instructors?

    We are only able to provide you with an instructor’s contact information if they have authorized us to do so. If not, we will take your contact information and pass it along to them.

  • How do I make changes to my personal contact information?

    It is the student’s responsibility to notify the college of any changes to name, address, phone or email as this information is used to send class confirmation or to contact you regarding changes in class status. Entering new contact information on your registration form does not automatically update your student record, unless you are registering in person.

  • Do you have a Lost and Found?

    Yes. Items that are left behind are turned in to Campus Security Police. They can be reached at 678-839-6000.

  • Can I provide course ideas or teach a course?

    Yes, complete the course proposal form located online and talk with one of our Program Coordinators. Also watch our website for requests for instructors in specific areas.