Engineers apply the principles of science and mathematics to develop economical solutions to technical problems.
Their work is the link between scientific discoveries and the commercial applications [and products] that meet societal and consumer needs.
The Career Cornerstone Center provides information about different types of careers including salaries, industries, profiles of engineers, typical job duties, etc. This is the link for the general engineering page; specific disciplines can be selected on the right hand side. Or, the links below go to information for many popular engineering fields. We noted which of our partner institutions have those programs.
- Aerospace (GT)
- Agricultural (UGA)
- Bioengineering (Biomedical, Biological, Biochemical) (GT, Mercer, UGA)
- Chemical (GT)
- Civil (GT, UGA, GS, KSU)
- Computer (GT, Mercer, KSU, UGA)
- Electrical (GT, GS, Mercer, KSU, UGA)
- Environmental (GT, UGA, Mercer)
- Industrial (GT, Mercer, KSU)
- Manufacturing (GS)
- Materials (GT)
- Mechanical (GT, UGA, GS, Mercer, KSU)
- Nuclear (GT)
Read More About UWG Engineering Requirements
Learn More About Our Partner Institutions
- GS - Georgia Southern University
- GT - Georgia Institute of Technology
- KSU - Kennesaw State University
- Mercer - Mercer University
- UGA - University of Georgia