Waring Founders Scholarship
The Founders Scholarship is a competitive full scholarship for incoming first-year students to study Anthropology at the University of West Georgia beginning each fall semester. This award for Anthropology majors is based upon academic achievement and also potential for scholarly growth.
The scholarship covers $3000 per semester for eight semesters (total of $24K) over the course of four years, contingent on satisfactory progress and good standing, including the conditions below:
Who Is Eligible
- Students who are Anthropology majors in their first year
Requirements for Continuous Support
- Students who maintain an average GPA of 3.2 in anthropology courses and 3.0 for overall GPA
- Students enrolled in an anthropology course every semester
- Students who are active members of the Anthropology Club
- Students who work with anthropology faculty to participate in outreach programs to prospective students
How to Apply
- Collect the following materials to submit with your application: 1) a copy of your high school transcripts and 2) SAT or ACT scores, if available.
- Write an essay (typed, double-spaced, between 750-1000 words) on the following topic: "Why I Chose to Major in Anthropology." The essay should include a discussion of your interest in Anthropology and how you see Anthropology at UWG as a part of your future goals.
- Apply through the scholarships portal.
Questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org