The facilities and services of the Health Center are available to students who have paid a health fee for the current semester. Student dependents are not eligible for care unless they are students. The student health fee is required of all students who are taking six or more hours during a semester. Other students may elect to pay the health fee. All students who come to the Health Center for care must be prepared to present a current Student I.D. card.  You can check your health fee status by going to your BanWeb account, clicking on Student Services & Financial Aid, then Student Account, and Account Summary by Term.

Medical care includes professional nursing and physician services, laboratory tests performed in the Student Health Center and medications available in the student pharmacy. Although most illnesses of students can be successfully treated by Health Center personnel, it is sometimes necessary to refer a student to other medical personnel or facilities for special services such as x-rays, surgery, and dentistry. Whenever this occurs, or whenever a student chooses the services of medical personnel or facilities other than those available in Health Center, he or she must assume the cost.  

Many tests done within the Health Center laboratory are included in the student's health fee. Other lab tests done in-house or processed by Carrollton or Atlanta laboratories are charged to the student at cost. X-rays at Tanner Medical Center also are charged to the student.  

Students referred to Tanner emergency room are given an authorization slip by the Health Services staff. Any persons going directly to the hospital or doctor's office are responsible for fees incurred. Students are also responsible for all medical bills incurred during periods when the Health Services is closed, including weekends and holidays.  

Students should remember that, if they are covered by personal or parents' insurance, it is essential that an insurance policy number be in their possession.  

Foreign students are required to have health insurance. For information the student should contact the International Student Advisor in the Student Development Center in Parker Hall (836-6428).