Want to save your students some money and help them be able to stay in school? Check out these free or inexpensive alternatives to pricey textbooks.
Affordable Learning Georgia
- A University System of Georgia (USG) initiative to promote student success by providing affordable textbook alternatives
- A one-stop service to help USG faculty and staff identify lower-cost, electronic, free, and Open Educational Resources, building on the cost-effective subscription resources provided by GALILEO and the USG libraries
Links to OER & Inexpensive Materials
Or, Make Your Own "Textbook" Using Library Resources!
- Hundreds of databases are available through the Library's own subscriptions and GALILEO.
- Instead of assigning a chapter in a book, what about assigning some great peer-reviewed articles relevant to what you're teaching?
- See the list of databases by clicking HERE.
- Need some help finding appropriate databases to look in, or quality articles for your class? Consult the Library Liaison for your discipline using the list of Subject Librarians available by clicking HERE.
- And finally, make the readings you've chosen easily accessible to your students by putting them into CourseDen. Even if you are not using CourseDen to teach your class, you can still use it to provide assigned readings to your students.
Still Have Questions?
Contact Carol Goodson, your Affordable Learning Georgia Library Champion: firstname.lastname@example.org or (678) 839-6507.