In preparation for our upcoming LDI on Friday, May 18, I wanted to provide some information on our focus for the day. Attached is the agenda and goals for the day. The theme is "The Legacy Year and Beyond!"
To be the best comprehensive university in America–sought after as the best place to work, learn, and succeed — we must foster an environment of continued assessment and improvement. We must invest and develop future leaders that will sustain and enhance our legacy. We must ask, what does “next” look like and how will we continue to build upon our cultural foundation of excellence.
The May 18 LDI will focus on our organizational maturity and next steps to nurture continued growth and development. In this, the conclusion of the fourth year of Engage West! entitled the Legacy Year, sustainability and continued progress toward our stated goals will be reflected in our behaviors and thus hardwired and fully adopted into our processes, expectations of excellence, and accountability. It is now time to dig deeper into this journey and close the gap between professed excellence and actual excellence.
Goals of the LDI:
1. To define what “next” looks like and how we will continue to improve.
2. To celebrate and evidence our current leadership development and operational successes.
3. To identify and set a path to sustained, fully adopted expectations of excellence that are professed and actual.
Themes of the Legacy Year:
· We are living in or entering a new normal and we must adapt!
· We will leave a legacy both individually and institutionally—who will author it?
· Organizational and individual growth takes discipline and intentionality!
· Leaders throughout the institution must be aligned with the values and objectives of the institution for the institution to sustain, improve, and grow!
Again, it is important that you attend the LDI. If you are not able to attend due to a conference or an emergency, please let your VP know and send a quick email to Danielle Tackett by close of business, Monday, May 14. This will help us manage table and food logistics.