All group fitness classes will be hosted in the Campus Center Functional Training sides (East & West) for the Spring 2021 semester due to academics using the group fitness studios. Refer to the group fitness schedule website for class offerings.
Our Functional Training area - East & West sides are located on the third floor of the Campus Center above the back courts. This area is equipped with a Precor Queenax that encourages participants to utilize their body weight with suspension training, battle ropes, or a punching bag. Additional pieces available for use are two sleds, weighted tires, Plyo boxes, Bulgarian bags, slam balls, kettlebells, core bags, medicine balls, boxing combination pads, and more.
The University of West Georgia, based on guidance from the USG now and in the future, plans to open its campus for all employees and students for the Spring 2021 term. The information listed in UWG’s Return to Work Plan describes UWG’s method for bringing everyone back to campus in a safe and responsible manner. University Recreation has specifically outlined a detailed plan for maintaining patrons' safety throughout all facility operations and program offerings on our UREC Spring 2021 Operations page.
Functional Training East
Availability for Open Use
Monday - Wednesday, 7:45 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Thursday, 6:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.; 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, 10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, 2:30 p.m.- 11:00 p.m.
Functional Training West - Only available for group fitness classes
Equipment can be checked out at the equipment desk on the fitness floor and used in these areas.
- Green boxing gloves (8 oz) (currently unavailable for safety reasons)
- Red boxing gloves (9 oz) (currently unavailable for safety reasons)
- Black boxing gloves (12 oz) (currently unavailable for safety reasons)
- Jump ropes
- Wrist wraps (currently unavailable for safety reasons)
- Resistance tube (Level 1:Pink, Level 2: Green, Level 3: Blue)
Spring 2021 Functional Training Operations
- Cardio and strength equipment including free weights are available at a limited capacity to increase physical distancing
- Stretching mats and rollers will now be located behind the equipment desk and are available for checkout while on the fitness floor. These mats may not be used in a group fitness setting
- Yoga mats, gloves, straps, wrists wraps, and other porous materials are no longer available for checkout/use
- Basketballs, weight belts, and jump ropes will still be available for checkout at the equipment desk
- Staff regularly cleans the fitness floor in zones throughout the day so all equipment/spaces are cleaned consistently
- Staff will disinfect all high-touch surfaces and lounge/seating areas every 2 hours
- The Campus Center uses 2XL antibacterial wipes in their wipe stations for workout equipment, Lysol wipes for checkout equipment and/or disinfectant spray
- All members are encouraged to wipe down equipment before and after every use, and to utilize the hand sanitizer stations provided throughout the facility
- Each piece of equipment will be wiped down upon the return of each item
For more information, contact email@example.com or 678-839-5500.