A Learning Community is a small group of students who take their classes together during their first year. Learning communities offer a “small college” environment within the larger campus. Some of your classes consist only of your fellow Learning Community students. These courses center on a common theme, such as film, creative writing, the environment, or science-based careers in either the health professions or engineering.
For more information about each community, contact New Student Programs. Depending on the Learning Community some or all of your classes may be pre-set. Your class schedule may include a thematic Learning Community courses, English Composition, and other Core courses needed for graduation.
ADVANTAGES TO JOINING A LEARNING COMMUNITY:
- Exploring your academic and career options
- Developing leadership skills
- Connecting with a faculty or staff member in your area of interest
- Finding your passion in life
- Off-campus experiences related to your Learning Community theme
- Building friendships that will last a lifetime
2018-2019 LEARNING COMMUNITIES
If you have any question regarding the specific Learning Communities please contact the Learning Community Coordinator. If you have questions about signing up for your first-year program please contact First-Year Academic Programs at 678-839-6069.