Our mission is to direct records and information management initiatives that promote university-wide participation and accountability, to achieve compliance with Georgia State Statutes, University Policies, Procedures, and contribute to the preservation and advancement of the University of West Georgia. The University Records Information Manager in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment leads the program.
Goals and Objectives
The Records and Information Management Program accomplishes this mission by:
Goal 1: Develop effective records and information management strategies for the University of West Georgia
• Develop and implement an institutional records and information management program for UWG;
• Develop and maintain the USG Records Retention Schedule as well as supplemental campus-based schedules and forms;
• Identify and take adequate steps to assist with the protection of confidential and essential business (vital) university records.
Goal 2: Provide the framework for records and information management education, awareness, and innovation across all levels of the organization
• Lead and guide the University in matters relating to records and information management to fulfill the mission of the program and to help ensure compliance across the University;
• Promote sound records and information management principles and initiatives and make recommendations regardless of format for best methods and systems for managing records;
• Provide timely information management training, communication, and awareness;
• Form strategic partnerships with USG System institutions, state agencies, and other organizations to create ongoing awareness, efficiency, and innovation.