You are eligible to become a Sociology major or minor if you are a University of West Georgia Student in good standing.

Declaring (or Changing) Your Major or Minor

To declare (or change) a major or minor in Sociology, email

  • IMPORTANT: If you are an online-only student, please specify this in your email, and the registrar's office will process your request.
  • Email your name and 917 ID number from your UWG email address. Please note whether you are declaring/changing your major, adding a second major, or declaring/changing your minor.