FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
The following list of questions is designed to provide you with the answers to frequently asked questions about the Library. If you have another question, you may be able to submit it electronically to ASKAL (Ask a Librarian) or you may need to visit the library. Of course, you can also call us at (678) 839-6495.
Where is the library located on campus?
How do I get to the library and where should I park?
What are the library hours?
What is the policy for Service Animals?
All Service Animals must be on a leash. The policy for Service Animals is governed by Accessibility Services. For additional questions, please contact them at 678-839-6428 or email them at email@example.com.
Where is the library's lost and found?
The front desk has a "Lost and Found" for items found in Ingram Library. Unclaimed items are forwarded to Public Safety routinely.
How do I donate books to Ingram Library?
Our Gifts and Donations policy is outlined here.
Does the Library have tax forms?
Borrowing (checking out) Materials
Who can borrow books from the library?
- UWG students, faculty, and staff who present their current validated University photo ID.
- Community members with a guest borrower card.
- University System of Georgia students, faculty, and staff who present their photo ID cards.
- Patrons with ARCHE cards.
What can I do if the book I need is checked out?
How do I renew materials?
What are the fine rates for overdue materials?
What equipment does the library have?
- Desktop Computers (PC and Mac)
- Laptops (UWG students only - in library use)
- Scanners (UWG students only - in library use)
- Headphones (in library use)
- Copiers - $0.07 with Wolfbucks card, $0.10 with cash per page
- Printers - (pay with Wolfbucks only) - $0.08 per page
- Wolfbucks station
- Microform readers
- See Library Lab for a list of current software offered.
Can visitors use computers?
Visitors can obtain a guest login from the front desk.
Can visitors connect to wireless?
Visitors cannot use wireless internet on campus.
Finding Library Materials
How do I find books owned by Ingram Library?
What is GALILEO?
How can I access GALILEO from off campus? (only available to current UWG students, faculty, and staff)
Where is a good place to start my research?
Library Instruction Sessions
How can I learn to use the library?